Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #8

Well, I've spent a couple of hours on goodle reader and looking at blogs and RSS feeds. I'm still not sure that I completely understand it. It is overwhelming and intriguing at the same time.

I can see that if you are researching a topic, it would be great to find the perfect site and automatically receive the updates - boy do I wish I had that in graduate school, it would have saved a lot of time. I also see that the students have access to so much more information so much more quickly that we ever did.

I will need to come back to play with it some more to productively use it in my classroom or personal life on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Mamalibearian said...

Of all the things that I "got" from the 23 things, this one is by far my favorite! It saves me so much time and energy! I'm sure you'll find the same thing!

ESLFroggie said...

Be careful with your Google reader, Alex Rover! I am avoiding checking it before I work on my "thing" else I know I will end up reading up on things that I find too interesting to skip right then and there! I bet you would have loved it in grad school!