Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing # 12

Several concepts that I agree with and want to post.

One: People will disagree, they need to discuss issues. It is important to model for children the right way to disagree on a topic and to show that we can do it while remaining civil and not attacking the other's right to their opinion. This is not only true for blogging but also for real life conversations. If we would all start our conversations by a genuine compliment. Wouldn't the world be better place. Point out each area of disagreement and why in a brief, calm, professional manner.NEVER: Be sarcastic, rant prolifically, curse, or personally attack a person. Always criticize kindly. Just think of the power of these sentences for marriages,too.

Two: If you died today and don't share "your secret," it will die with you and you will miss the chance to share your thoughts and leave a legacy.

Three: By commenting you are contibuting in a meaningful way to the merging global conversation. I never thought about blogging & commenting in that perspective before - something to think about.

Four: hyperlink your comments to your blog. I think this is a great idea. I'm still not sure how to do it even though I looked at severall explanations. I still find myself not understanding the procedure well enough to be comfortable and confident.

Although I looked at several links. I think most of these concepts I saw first on cool cat teacher.

1 comment:

Cheryl Laucher said...

WHAT?!! ARE YOU CRAZY?!! Ah-h-h...just kidding. LOL - of course, you have hit the nail on its head and summarized the point of the exercise perfectly. I agree. Here, here. Bravo. Now, keep playing!