Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing #14

Wow! I've enjoyed my searched on Technorati. The searches didn't also lead me to where I expected but I found many interesting sites.

Here is a blog created by students: guysread.typepad.com/theblurb

Math tutorials that are always accessible. What a neat idea mathactivity.blogspot.com


I thought that this one would create alot of thinking and discussion mytko.org/random

I also liked the teacher tips on middle-school-teacher.blogspot.com

I'm having sound difficulties but this site seemed like it would be helpful to my ESL students: esl-lab.com/

I found several classroom blogs that I would like to gather ideas from and hopefully create one for my classes. mrblacknbc.blogspot.com, robertdouglas.edublogs.org, ralphrdowney156.vox.com


Last but not least, I found one about making blogs & the internet in general easier for students with dyslexia to read. OMG.. I never thought about that. I think it is a definate read for all teachers. Web Designing For Dyslexia
hobo-web.co.uk/tips/100.htm





5 comments:

VWB said...

to be helpful to your readers you really want to go back and make all those sites "hot." There are a couple that when you hover over them you get the pointed finger and you could click and go straight to that site...

for the ones that are not "hot" (active)...go back and click enter after each site....that should activate them.

Cheryl Laucher said...

Wow...thanks for all the great links. Those are very interesting sites.

AWM said...

I am not to Thing 14, but when I get there, I'm going to some of your WOWS. I'm a high school librarian and I am always looking for ways to engage my faculty and math is the hardest. Thanks for sharing and with enthusiasm. And, vwb, I'll try to hot up any links I post. It's a good reminder.
Cheers!

Alex Rover said...

Thanks for telling me how to make the sites "hot". I think I got it cleared up finally.
I've also noticed that some people just use one or two key words (sorta like a tag) and have it linked to a website. How do you do that?

I have so much to learn.

VWB said...

pretty eay...
1. Type a word, two words, short phrase that you want to be come a link in the post box.
2. HIGHLIGHT the word(s)
3. Click on the links button on the post box toolbar (looks like a smal green ball with piece of chain)
4. Paste the url (address) of the website you are linking. (you will hav captured this url first)
5. Then I there is abutton taht will be save or link...be sure and click that.

it will give your blog post a cleaner, more "professional" look! :-)

take a look at some of the others and you will see the difference between "hot" words and "hot" urls!