Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing # 19

WOW! I could spend all day on the computer with the Web 2.0 list. I was already quite familiar with cragslist, monster, google maps and google earth.

I've been experimenting recently with different photo sites so I downloaded Picasa since it was google related. My concern with the photos is security - yes, I'm an overprotected mom. I tried to put a password on my collections but couldn't figure out how to have a different password for different photos so that I could email to different sets of friends. I assisted a friend this weekend make a scrapbook to order with a different online site so now I want to change all of the photos to digital so I can make the kids different scrapbooks ( I didn't say when I get it done.)

I also looked at writeboard.com I need to play with it more and want to use it in my classroom. (I NEED MORE COMPUTERS) I also liked the tutorials available on thinkfree.com/

My kids would like zango.com/ I will need to see if there is anything there that I could use for the classroom too.

We don't go out to eat often but I will use this site when we do for new suggestions www.urbanspoon.com/c/8/Houston-restaurants.html Also, I'm always surfing the net for new recipe ideas for this site is a big plus for me. imcooked.com

I'm learning to take care of me too. I'm good at eating healthy but now I want to implement exercise and become more proactive for good future health so I found www.revolutionhealth.com interesting.

SO MUCH TO LEARN... We need more time. Can our inservices be centered around technology and sharing ideas on how to incorporate it into our classes this year??

1 comment:

Mamalibearian said...

There is just never enough time, is there? I like the idea of technology-centered inservice. There are just so many things that we all need to practice.
You're almost done! Keep on playing!