Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #17

I found parts of Rollyo confusing. I'm sure that if I had more clear directions or an onsite expert; the confusion could have been quickly resolved. I added Firefox to my computer and tried a couple of searches and setting up my personalized searchroll. The FAQ page was helpful.

I want to tell you about another search engine that I played around with today. Its http://www.cuil.com/
I like its layout. It seems less cluttered so it is visually appealing to me. I'm thinking of my ESL students who start to feel overwhelmed when there is too much print on a page or those with dyslexia or other reading challenges. This might be a good option for them.

At this time, I want to also say how much I am enjoying using del.icio.us.

2 comments:

ESLFroggie said...

Hey Alex Rover wannabe! Yes, I am catching myself using del.icio.us all the time now, instead of adding bookmarks and thus limiting myself to just one computer access. My, oh, my, what did we do before technology?

Cheryl Laucher said...

I had trouble with rollyo, too. Thanks for the link to cuil...I'll check it out.

You're nearly done!